Welcome to The AM Coffee Collective!
First things first, I want to start by saying thank you. Thank you for believing in me, for believing in this community, and for being just as excited about this rebrand as I have been. I did steal a little bit of this post from an email I sent out to the VIPs on Thursday so if you're reading this and it sounds familiar, that's why. But you can scroll on down to check out more of what's new!
For the last year, I have poured into this little space on the internet, and today I am opening the next chapter of OUR story. Yeah, OUR story. Because from here on out, it's not just about me anymore. The AM Coffee Collective was created when I saw that all of us were searching for that same sense of belonging, the same sense of community. I have struggled for years to find a community that I could plug in to so I created one. It is my dream that the AM Coffee Collective will be a place where you can come as you are, as raw and real and as vulnerable as you want to be, and is designed to make you feel like you're a part of something bigger.
I am so excited to welcome you into this new chapter and I can't wait for you to check out the website and start interacting with other AMCC gals in the Facebook group. Starting now, the AM Coffee Collective Facebook group is officially open so come to grab a seat at the table and introduce yourself (don't forget your favorite hot beverage!). I've always said that we were going to put the social back in social media and here we go gals.
I have big dreams for this community but it's safe to say that none of it would be possible without your love and support. Each of you is constantly challenging me to make myself better, make the site better, and make this community a truly inclusive place where women can support and learn from other women.
AM Coffee Collective
Okay, so like... what's new?
- The Name, duh. AM Coffee Collective came from how popular the Saturday Morning Coffee posts became on the blog. Whether or not you drink coffee is irrelevant but the name is meant to evoke that feeling of being at a table surrounded by friends and drinking your favorite hot beverage. You know, that warm fuzzy feeling that you get. The tagline "A place for honest conversation" was actually written by one of YOU who responded to a survey I did a while back.
- I've already mentioned the Facebook Group but that's the things I am most excited for so it's worth mentioning again! In the Facebook Group you'll get to interact with me on a personal level but also get to meet a bunch of fantastic women from all different walks of life. How great is that? Seriously, the Facebook group is what I'm most excited for because I can't wait to be able to say "Hey!" to each and every one of you!
- Next, you'll notice that the site looks A LOT different. It is my hope that the new site layout makes it 100x easier for you to find exactly the type of content you're looking for. It may be a little overwhelming at first but I will be posting a tour of the new site and explaining everything over on my IGTV channel this afternoon.
- If you're subscribed to the email list, which Y'all should totally jump on that ASAP, you'll be receiving 5 downloadable, shareable quotes right to your inbox in a few days. This is a feature for VIPs that I plan to do monthly so I hope you enjoy them! If you have any quotes you'd like to see featured, definitely let me know!
- You can now officially submit your story to be featured on the blog! We will now be accepting contributions which will be posted on the website every other Tuesday and then more frequently if the demand gets greater. Your story can be anything from a how-to tutorial, a recipe, or something personal you want to share as long as it fits and will resonate with the AM Coffee Collective readers.
- Saturday Morning Coffee posts are here to stay but they'll also have a new and exciting feature! The SMC posts are now the official link parties for the AM Coffee Collective which means each Saturday you can drop a link to your favorite blog post for the week and share it with the rest of the AM Coffee Collective community! There will be a special button available for you to display on your blogs as a member of the AM Coffee Collective Saturday Morning Coffee linkups! You can download your button here.
I think that's pretty much the rundown of what the major changes are! I am seriously SO FREAKING EXCITED if you couldn't tell from how much I've talked in all caps throughout this post.... We'll be back to regularly scheduled content next week and I can't wait to share what I've been working on with you!